Things you (or your spouse) should not do if you have a Doctor's Appointment the following morning...

I am tired. Actually I'm a step above tired, but also a step below exhausted so I'm not quite sure what that would make me. I'm not grumpy, maybe sleepy? One of the seven dwarves perhaps? Who knows. All I do know is that I have a doctor's appointment in about an hour and a half and I still haven't had my morning coffee and Lily is still asleep.

Why the hell am I blogging?

Oh, that's right... to warn you of the tiredness that you face when you husband decides to stay up until 4:30AM playing Ninja Gaiden Black. Yes, that's right... 4:30AM.

Around 12:00 I went up to bed. Casey said he'd be up shortly. He said he was going to let the dogs out (which he did), have one final cigarette, finish up the level, save his game and come to bed. "I'm kinda tired." Was his explanation.

I drifted off to sleep shortly after, sometime in there Lily had crawled in bed (she wasn't a bad bed buddy last night, either), and I woke up around 2AM, told Casey it was 2AM, went back to sleep. 4AM rolls around, I wake up (I don't sleep very well without my hubby in bed with me) and hear Ninja noises coming from downstairs. Casey is still playing. I get up, don't even bother going downstairs and yell down the stairs in a very stern voice: "It is FOUR in the freakin' morning. You need to give it a rest...NOW." I stumble back into bed and try and fall back asleep. It was a poor, shallow sleep, too. Not good at all.

Casey comes up to bed and when he does, I wake up and glance at the clock... "4:32" He stumbles around, making all the possible noise he could, even going so far as to turn on lights (no wonder I woke up) and even Lily protested when he moved her (bet she's going to be fun to wake up this morning), crawls into bed with me and then attempts to have a minor conversation telling me that I need to kick his ass out of bed. I love my husband, but at that point last night I just wanted to kill him. I told him, some what sleepified, to please shut up and go to sleep. I'm sure if I had had the mental capacity at the time I would have gotten more indepth, but I didn't. I just rolled over and slept until his alarm went off (multiple times) and I pushed him to get up. I then slept peacefully until 7:30, when he came up and told me that he was leaving for work and that I should get up. I said "Okay!" Rolled over, and went back to sleep until 7:52.

And that finds me here... Awake, but not wanting to be, slowing drinking my morning coffee and plenty of time to get Lily up and ready. Lily doesn't have school today, so that makes my day a bit easier or at the very least more fun. I have really been enjoying having her around the past few days. We've been quite silly.

Oh well, I really should finish my coffee and get her up. I have to leave in an hour. Ah, the joys of living within a 20 minute drive of everywhere I need to go.

Comments

Popular Posts