"Make a loop..."

Well, we hit another milestone yesterday. This time, Casey got to be the one to experience the proud parent feeling first hand instead of hearing stories from me.

Lily and Casey were on the couch, putting shoes on (we were getting ready to go to family karate) and Lily asked Casey to help her learn to tie her shoes. I have to admit, I haven't been too much help in this department. My teaching someone to tie their shoe skills definitely need work. BUT Casey's method was apparently much more understandable and Lily successfully tied both shoes BY HERSELF!!! I'm a bit jealous, too. I've been working on this for about a month and Casey managed to succeed in ten minutes! I'm proud though and I think it is totally awesome that he got to show Lily how to tie her shoes. Sometimes he really needs to be reminded that he's a good parent and it was moments like yesterday that make him feel really proud.

In other news, I'm going to be starting a neighborhood watch group. Our neighbor across the street told us that he saw some guy prowling about. It freaked me out completely and I have alerted the other neighbors to this. We have all decided to take control of the situation and talk to the police about it see about getting more patrols in the area. We also don't like the fact that there have been a couple of cars that have been speeding through our neighborhood. There are quite a bit of kids around and that's just not a good thing. I figured the best thing to do is be proactive about it.

Well, it's time for us to go to school. Byeeeeee!

Comments

Popular Posts