Bye Bye Dish! (YOU SUCK!!)

This morning I called and got rid of our satellite. They were going to charge us the cancellation fee as well, but I told them "Um, no. You're not. " The thing should never have been installed in the first place. Granted, we didn't have problems until we got some foliage and then the problems began. Oh well, $40 saved. That's a good thing.

IN other news, this morning while Lily and I were having our usual breakfast of cheerios and watching PBS kid programming, I saw a small, white fuzzy thing out of the corner of my eye. I figured it was just a piece of fuzz from the pillows (our dogs chewed up the corners and we've got the filling spilling out). Imagine my surprise when I went to grab it and IT MOVED!!! I have a mouse.

I promptly composed myself, walked into the other room and called Casey, trying not to let Lily know...

Casey: "Hello?"
Jess: "M-O-U-S-E!!!!"
Casey: "Huh?"
Jess: "M-O-U-S-E! In the l-i-v-i-n-g room!"
Casey: "Kill it."
Jess: "I'm not going to go kill a mouse! But I let Bonzai in..."
Lily: "Mouse?! Did you say Mouse mommy? Where? Can I see it? Can we keep it?"

After I dropped Lily off, I went and picked up a few mouse traps, baited them with peanut butter (as per my dad's suggestion) and now, we wait. I hope to god it doesn't go off until Casey gets home, but at the same time I SOOOOOO don't want it wandering around the house. I'm getting the willies just thinking about it. Not only that, but it was all white and kinda cute...yet, the ickiness factor is just unbearable. Eww Eww Eww.

Comments

Popular Posts