I never knew I had a muscle there...

Today is day four of painting. Yesterday I began work on the evil trim and painting it white. Note to anyone who is coming over tomorrow: it ain't gonna be done. You'll see the nice brown, you'll see the white windows and base boards and you'll see some brown smudges on the white base boards and you'll also see the still mint green crown molding.

I can't reach the crown molding and Casey is currently too busy with other projects so that won't get done till next week and everything else... Well, that won't get finished until next week.

Today is Lily's birthday and tomorrow is the party so yeah... I've got a LOT of clean up to do.

My entire body aches. I feel muscles that I didn't even know I had and they're all screaming "WTF?! You had it easy! Why are you torturing us?!" Casey says that I should just keep moving and it won't be so bad. While I am trying very hard to keep moving, my right arm is absolutely killing me from all the painting. I have resigned myself to the fact that I won't be able to completely finish, but if I can just finish the living room wall and get the first coat of white on the trim I will be happy. I will be satisfied with that.

Casey is incredibly proud of me for the whole paint thing. I'm plowing through like quite the trooper and haven't lost my steam yet. I may be aching and I may have gone to bed at like 9:30 last night because I had a headache, but I'm bound and determined to finish that damn wall today. If I'm feeling ambitious I may go give it a second coat. Casey is loving the fact that I just kind of jumped into the project (seriously, I woke up and was like "Um, I'm gonna paint today.") and off I went.

I have to admit, though, I'm not looking forward to clean up. That does not sound fun to me at all. Oh, and I have to get new outlets, too, cuz the ones we have are beige and the trim is white so they don't really match.

And stuff.

SO, I must go be productive now. I took some pictures and will hopefully be uploading soon.

Comments

Popular Posts