Lily's haircut...


So, I'm finally getting around to posting pics of Lily's new (well, it's about 2 1/2 weeks old at this point) haircut. Here they are:

She was being quite goofy and didn't really want to pose, but as you can tell, it is a very sleak (it's still wet in the pictures and not brushed) bob, with some cute side (what Lily likes to call "swoopy") bangs and a higher graduation in the back. When her hair is dry you can really see the layers and it just turned out to be a wonderfully fun and great cut for her. She loves pulling her bangs in front of her eyes, just like Cortana from Halo. It's also a really great cut because I can still braid the top part to get it out of her eyes if I want to.

Lily has quite a few things going on at the moment. We recieved her report card a bit ago and she's off to first grade next year. Her teacher couldn't say enough good things about her and according to the reading lists, between home and school, she read over 140 books over the course of the school year! Her reading is improving and she's asking me how to spell almost every word she can think of and she has taken up writing sentences all by herself. Most of the time, the spelling is off on some words, but the words are phonetically correct (example: she wrote "We are going to the hosbi tall today." She was trying for "We are going to the hospital today."). She continues to surprise me every day and her imagination runs away with her on a daily basis.

She turns 7 on June 29. I have to admit that I don't think I'm quite ready to be a mom to a seven year old. I just keep telling myself that it's not a big deal, though, and then I start getting all teary eyed and say "My baby is growing up!!" It's pathetic, really. I don't mind so much, though. We have decided to tell Lily that her birthday is on Friday, rather than on Thursday simply for party planning purposes. She has graduation to her Orange Belt in Karate on Friday, the 30th, and we're doing cake and ice cream afterwards, so Casey and I decided rather than have her completely crazy on thursday and friday we would just wait until Friday and then say happy birthday. Knowing me, though, I'll forget and say happy birthday to her on Thursday. Under no circumstances, however, are we telling her about our trip to Brookfield Zoo next Saturday. I made the mistake of mentioning a barbeque that we're having on July 7th and Lily is now talking about it nonstop. Yesterday, it got so bad that I told her that if she mentioned it one more time she would not be attending the barbeque at all. Thankfully, she stopped talking about it. But I know in the back of her head, she's thinking about it a lot.

I love my kid...she's an exact copy of myself. Sometimes that frightens me.


Comments

Popular Posts