Post Birthday Stuff

So, yesterday was my birthday. I woke up around 9:30, Lily snuggling up next to me (don't know when that happened, but she snuck in and was snuggling up against me). My mom had called twice (she finally got the day right!) so I called her back and she sang happy birthday to me and told me that she hoped that my year was prosperous, happy, I stayed healthy and strong. I naturally said thank you. About twenty minutes after that my dad called to wish me a happy birthday. After talking to both parental units, I decided to call Casey.

Casey answered his phone, teasing me "So, you're finally up, huh?" I laughed and said yeah. He then asked me if I would like breakfast in bed ala Casey. Instantly I was like "Huh? You're at work!" It was then he came up the stairs with a can of Rock Star energy drink and a cupcake with a candle on it and proceeded to sing happy birthday to me. It was completely awesome! It turned out that due to the rain that we recieved in the morning, Casey didn't have to go to work. I was ecstatic! Lily, Casey and I ate cupcakes in bed and lounged around for a couple of hours looking at pictures and being silly.

When we finally got out of bed, Lily decided that she wanted her hair cut like Cortana from the video game Halo. I got it pretty close (Cortana's hair is a short, angled bob that is longer in the front and shorter in the back... technical term: high graduation bob.). At first, I cut it exactly like Cortana's with the front coming quite far down in the front, but I didn't like how it looked on her, so I cut it shorter (just past her chin) in the front and it goes up to the nape of her neck in the back. (Pictures forthcoming.) The end result was a very sleek and fun bob hair cut and when her bangs grow a couple more inches, they will be the same length in the front as the rest of her hair, which will be very very cute. I was incredibly impressed with the back of her hair, especially, because I cut a couple of layers into it which add some volume and movement into her hair. This is the first full on hair cut that I have given anyone since I began school and not only is Casey impressed but my mom complimented me on a job well done, too (although, she was quite disappointed that Lily's hair can no longer be braided in a french braid). I am very happy.

After the hair cut, we played some Mario Sunshine on the gamecube and then off to Abi's house for Lily. Casey and I went out and I got a new pair of Nike's (my other sneakers were in horrible shape) and a matching pink backpack. The Nike's were a task to find! I had to go to three stores before I actually found a pair of shoes that I not only liked, but fit me as well! The ones that I got (which are the exact same as the picture to the left) are actually kids size 6. Oh, the things that I do for pink!

After that, we went home and I watched an episode of Charmed (from Season 5, my present from Casey) and then we decided to head off on an adventure to Bonneyville Mills. When we arrived at Bonneyville Mills, we found a frisbee and played for a good hour or two, finally getting tired and we climbed to the top of the lookout tower (aka teenage makeout spot central). We were both feeling silly and goofball romantic, so we proceeded to take out the car keys and attempt to engrave our names along side the likes of Nicole and Tony, Cassidy and "the Dirty Dozen." After several failed attempts (it was NOT easy!), we settled for something that looked like our initials and laughed about the whole thing and wondered exactly how much could we get away with sexually speaking without getting caught. Thankfully, we're both chicken shits and it was a bit too cold to do anything that required disrobing. So, we settled for throwing the frisbee off the top of the tower and telling ourselves that next time we would plan accordingly. We also are planning to go back in the winter with blankets, a couple of candles and a thermos of hot cocoa for some romantic snow viewing.

On the way home, we saw the moon. It was full and huge! I took it as a sign of good luck and we went off in search of food. We ended up at Perkins, where we sat and chatted for a good long time and then finally went home, arriving just after midnight.

Today, we're just kind of hanging out all loungified and not doing anything. I'm contemplating going upstairs and taking a nap or reading some Angel's and Demons. OR maybe I'll try and talk Casey into buying a hammock. That, would be totally fun and we would both enjoy it.

Many thanks to all of you who called or emailed! Love the birthday attention! And for those of you who didn't call or email... YOU SUCK! Kidding. You don't suck, but I realize now that you must not like me that much... I won't point any fingers or say any names... Matt... (I never said I wouldn't type your name, though.... lol)

Comments

Amicacarmilla said…
Happy belated birthday!!!

Popular Posts