To Paint the Ceiling or not to paint the ceiling?

Yesterday, I decided to start painting the living room and dining room. I started the project later in the day, so I didn't get much accomplished, but the dining room is about 3/4 of the way done and my idea is starting to take shape. I am, however, faced with a bit of a dilemma.

Should I paint my ceiling to match the walls?

The color of the walls is American Traditions paint, color "Fudgecicle." It isn't a dark brown, but it's getting there. My plan originally called for me painting the walls brown and then painting the trim on the bottom and around the windows along with the crown molding at the top, white. BUT my thought (and Casey's as well) is that if we paint the top crown molding white, it will just blend in with the ceiling.

So, I'm asking for opinions. Should I paint the ceiling brown or would that just look really weird?

I will post pictures of the endeavor at a later time (I haven't hooked up the camera to the new 'puter yet). Until then, thanks for the input!

Comments

Popular Posts