Weekend in Review


I looked up the word review on the "wikitionary" and this is one of the definitions it gave:

"...review: An account intended as a critical evaluation of a text or a piece of work...."

This weekend was certainly a piece of work.

I wrote the previous post just ten minutes before I left for my 10 year high school reunion. I was excited and slightly nervous. Just what had ten years done to my classmates? Were they happy? Were they successful? Were they nicer than they used to be? I sarcastically made predictions about how the cheerleaders were going to be fat and nasty.

Never again will I be THAT liberal with the use of sarcasm. Even though I wanted to be optimistic and think that people could have changed in 10 years, the only ones that had changed were the people that I was with and we honestly changed in the fact that while in high school we felt inferior to the people that were popular and "in" back in the day and now we felt superior. We somehow turned into "the cool kids."

Yes, that's right, we watched the beautiful people sneering at us from their table as if daring us to come over and say something to them so they could insult us. I actually think I would have gone over and said something to them if I weren't so afraid that they were going to sit on me and squish me!

It took no time at all for the old cliques to form and while I may say all these horrible things about certain people that were there, I have to admit that I actually had a good time talking to the people I did talk to and who talked to me. I got to reconnect with some people that I hadn't seen in a very long time and I had a generally good time. Robin, the coordinator of the event, did a hell of a job and I give her tons of kudos. The only way anyone is going to get me to go to my 20 year reunion is if she does it again.

After departing from the reunion Matt, Ben and I headed off to Ritter's Frozen Custard and chowed down on ice cream and then it was off to Truman's for the drag show. That was the best part of the evening, hands down! Leave it to me to enjoy shoving dollar bills down a man's bra! We hooked up with SIS, his girlfriend, Jed, Brooke, Meredith and I ran into a guy that I knew from high school that I used to have an immense crush on (he's now gay). I got the name of his stylist and the woman who does his eyebrows simply because he had better eyebrows than me and he looks fabulous. We watched the show, I had enough to drink where I was light headed and then off to the dance floor! Matt and Ben were so absolutely cute. I'm so completely happy for them! I'm even more happy for Matt, though, because he seems genuinely happy and I can't remember the last time I saw him this relaxed. I'd have to think back to the Great Ani Difranco Weekend to remember him being so.... not pacing.

I'm hoping my reconnecting with people will also give me more of a social life. Outside of school and family I don't have much of one and I do love to go dancing. I'm hoping that this will be a new shot to the arm of energy. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go finish up laundry. My baby needs pants.

Comments

Amicacarmilla said…
This review made me laugh... I concord that it is important to have your own social life...

I love dancing too!

Popular Posts