First Day of School


The first day of school is really beginning to become old hat for Lily. This photo I managed to snap as she was off and literally running for the school door, but not before turning around and yelling "C'mon Mom! We're gonna be late! Hurry up!" at me. Naturally, after Lily being in some form of school for three years, I still tear up the minute she leaves my sight. I'm thinking I'm going to end up being one of those mom's who suffers from Empty Nest Syndrome. Although, our current line of thinking is that Lily will go from Corpus Christi to St. Joseph High School to Notre Dame. That would definitely keep her close to Mommy.

Lily has been wanting to go to school for over a week now. She has been asking me daily if she could wear her new uniform and new Hello Kitty shoes. The answer, until this morning, has been a resounding no. This morning, however... I don't think I have ever seen her this excited to put on clothes.

She has two different uniforms. The first is navy blue pants with a white polo shirt. The second is the green plaid jumper with white shirt. She chose the green plaid jumper. I was kind of glad she did because I have been really looking forward to seeing how cute she is in it. When I went to Christ the King our uniforms were never this cute.

Naturally, Lily was the only kid in class with the jumper. I'm not worried, though. She has always done her own thing and a lot like me, doesn't seem to care what anyone else thinks. She'll make new friends today, come home with stories about her teacher, and tell me all about her first day.

Tomorrow, she'll get up, put her navy shorts on, white polo shirt, sketchers, and off we'll go.

So, school is back in session and life is getting back to I guess what can be considered normal. It might take a week or two to get back into the swing of things, but I think we'll be fine. It's just another busy day in our busy lives. I'm really enjoying it.

Comments

Popular Posts