Laser eyes

Yesterday was the pre-op thingey for the lasik. Fun fun fun. Two hours of having my eyes looked at, dilated, numbed, poked once but I didn't feel it because I was numb, and then going home, laughing at the fact that I couldn't focus on things close up (interesting side-effect for a 24 hour dilation which still hasn't quite worn off... my eyes are still freakin' huge) and trying not to puke from straining to see.

Yep, interesting day.

In other news, the surgery has been pushed up to friday. I will be given valium (I'm practicing swallowing M & M's whole) and should be relatively relaxed. The laser is little more than a cool, pulsating light. I should only feel a slight pressure according to everyone and there is a 78% chance that I will see 20/20 or better 15 minutes after the surger and the within 24 hours that statistic will climb to 98% see 20/16 or better. Yes, that's good. That's amazing.

And stuff.

So yeah, wish me luck... the anxiety is starting to set in. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go take 500mg of Vitamin C.

Comments

Carrie Lofty said…
And there's a .0256% chance that you'll be a begging blind lady! No one gets near my eyes with lasers, do you hear me???
Carrie Lofty said…
PS - good luck ;)

Popular Posts