Today's Forecast...

..Well, I can see. I can see everything. I can read stuff far away, I can read stuff close up (close up was never the problem though), but I'm still getting what I can only describe as a slight glare on those bright (and white) surfaces.

Anothe rside effect I am experiencing post lasik are these neat halos surrounded by rainbow starburst type thingeys. The closest thing I can come up with is lens flare. It's very fun, but driving with them coming off every single light is frustrating. So much so that I actually wore sunglasses to take Lily to school this morning to cut down on the effect. The full moon the other night was absolutely gorgeous, though.

So yeah, I'm doing really well and enjoying the fact that I can see. I don't like to stare at the computer screen for too long because my eyes get very tired very quickly. When I can actually sit here and type for more than 10 minutes at a time, I'll tell ya'll about the entire procedure. There was no pain, just pressure during the procedure and then afterwards, I came home, took a sleeping pill and while waiting for it to kick in, it kind of felt like I had sand kicked into my eyes (which was VERY uncomfortable and my eyes were watering like crazy). I fell asleep rather quickly though, and ended up being asleep from about 12:30PM until 9:30PM, at which time I woke up, had an apple, and then went back to sleep.

I'm still tired, by the way, but I think that has something to do with the fact that somewhere along the lines I picked up a cold (I'm blaming Shannon on that one).

SO yes, I'm fine and I recommend lasik to anyone.

Comments

Popular Posts