Nano Nano

So, ever since my car got broken into, I've actually been wandering around sans stereo in my car. I've been sucking it up like a real trooper, too. No complaints from me. I loaded the pathetic MP3 player in my phone with tunes and went on my merry way, knowing eventually the problem would be corrected one way or another.


My solutions? Well, there were several: 1) Keep dealing with crappy cell phone MP3 player that only held 10 songs. 2)Purchase new CD player from Best Buy. 3)Purchase old crappy factory stereo from junkyard. 4) Purchase factory stereo from junkyard, buy IPod Nano and tape deck adapter or FM transmitter.


Last week, the dogs chewed up Casey's IPod Shuffle. Yes, bad doggies, bad Casey for leaving it out. He's been sucking up not having tunes in his Jeep (although, he had a radio and I had nothing, I still think I win at the sucking it up thing). So, this afternoon, we decided (after much debate, me wanting to not spend so much money which was a change) that we would buy IPod Nano's. Thankfully, we got them at Target and I have a lovely discount Target Discount Card thanks to Lifetouch. We decided to take a cue from Casey's sister and his brother in law and call it the "IPod Anniversary." Granted, we haven't been married for 8 years like Carrie and Keven when they did the IPod anniversary, but it still works out because now I'll have tunes in my car and so will Casey. And that's the important thing. That, and they're totally his and her's. His is blue and mines is a wonderfully obnoxious pink (as seen in the picture).


Unfortunately, this means I will no longer be able to entertain the idea of going to Tippecanoe Place or Hana Yori for dinner. Suck suck suck. Oh well, if I can do without music in my car for almost a month, I can do without a nice dinner until my birthday. I'm totally thinking it's worth it.


Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to slip into my jammies, take my Nano upstairs and read some Dune. OH, and if anyone is curious as to what was playing when I took the picture, it was Chopin Piano Concerto No. 1.

Comments

Popular Posts