"The baby made me do it..."

Well, if you didn't already know, your's truly is pregnant. We're about 6 weeks along (according to the first day of my last period) and I'm currently in search of an OB/GYN. I've tried to blog a couple of times about our suspicions and then how we found out, but every time I sat down something would happen for me to get distracted. I have had the attention span of a flea the past few days. I've been thinking about all the things we have to do and on one hand I realize that we have until September, but at the same time it's like "HOLY CRAP! WE'RE HAVING A BABY!"

Casey has been rather calm and collected during the whole thing. I've been the total and complete spaz. He has surprised me, actually. It's a nice surprise, much like the belly baby.

Okay, hormonal notes. I have still been VERY tired. Lots of cat naps on the couch. There were two days, though, that I didn't take a nap at all and I felt quite drained and was in bed by 9:30. I felt old until I was like "Oh yeah, I'm pregnant. I'm allowed to do that." Another thing that has started is the ridiculous mood swings. Those have been going more toward the weepy side, too. For example: I was watching "Shallow Hal" and the one scene when Hal first gets the way he looks at women messed up (for the better), and he gets into the taxi with Brooke Burns. There is an Ivy song playing in the background and for some completely random reason I started tearing up rather badly. Yep, a completely random song in a COMEDY made me CRY. I felt relatively idiotic.

It's like, okay, I know I'm hormonal and I know this is completely stupid but I can't help it. It just happens. No control whatsoever.

SO yeah, that's what's happening in our neck of the woods. Oh, and it's absolutely freezing. They canceled all the schools today because of the windchill being around -20. Low and behold they actually canceled them last night before the Superbowl (CONGRATS COLTS!!).

I'll keep you posted.

Comments

Popular Posts