From Irritated to Crazy to Crying in 3.2 seconds.

This morning I woke up and felt icky. Just generally icky. Not morning sickness icky, but icky nonetheless. I had to force myself out of bed (didn't want to get out of bed and don't want to be out of bed now) and then up and did my morning routine. Did the whole bathroom, vitamins, thing, did the internet thing and was starting to feel the wonderful horomones in my body say "Oh yeah, we're gonna make you feel irritated." And there I was, irritated. No reason for it, just irritated.

I decided to try and ignore it, so I continued on my morning things. I went up stairs and got Lily up and dressed, came downstairs poured some cereal for both me and her (fruit loops... yum) and then Lily tells me "Mom, I asked for cheerios." Insert me trying not to send ballistic missles in the direction of my daughter here. I told Lily to please eat the fruit loops or I was going to go crazy and she politely and calmly without saying a word ate her fruit loops. Thank you Lily.

Somewhere in there Casey and I got into it a little bit about me helping Lily get dressed in the morning and I wanted to tell him to just leave me alone, but I just ignored him instead because I didn't want to get into it any further. Five minutes later I realized that he had left and I didn't say goodbye to him so I called him just to say have a good day, I love you, bye. That would be the crazy part.

A couple of minutes later I got on my coat, gloves and hat and started looking for my car keys. Ten minutes go by and I'm still searching for my keys, and I start to panic. Where are my keys? I can't find my keys! They couldn't have just disappeared! Where are they? I call Casey to ask him if he had seen them? Nope. At that point I started crying. Casey tells me to stop what I'm doing, take a deep breath and calm down. Which makes me cry even more. I feel completely ridiculous that I'm crying because I can't find my keys which aids to the whole crying factor. It seemed like a completely cruel circle.

He told me to just calm down and if I was late so what and to drive slowly anyway because the roads were crap (which they were). While I was listening to Casey, I managed to find the spare key for my car. Thankfully, I got Lily to school before mass started so she wasn't horribly late.

I, however, have not been able to find my keys yet. The good news, though, is that I managed to stop crying although I still feel rather emotional. I really don't remember being this emotional with Lily, although that was 7 1/2 years ago and I don't remember too much about my pregnancy other than cravings and stuff. I have decided, though, I could definitely do without the horomones. They just mess you up. Was anyone else quite as crazy as I am??

Comments

Popular Posts