Monday.

It has been a Monday. I went from irritated to meltdown to having a pretty good day and now I'm feeling like I'm going to vomit. Who ever came up with the term morning sickness was full of shite. Then again, I think the real reason they call it morning sickness (still have yet to throw up, knock on wood...dry heaves like nobodies business to the point where Casey is like "Are you okay?" but no actual up-chucking) is because it comes in the morning of your pregnancy as in the beginning. Oooh! I look wise now, don't I?

So yeah, I've been fighting back a wave of nausea for about two hours now, managing to eat half a ravioli. Yep, that's right. Half of one ravioli. Honestly, I don't think I managed that much. I tried and then just couldn't stomach it. What's worse is we made chocolate chip cookies last night and I can't stomach those either. I feel like clutching my stomach, dropping to my knees (preferably in front of the toilet...just in case) and screaming WHY?! WHY NOT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!!! They smelled good when they were being baked (as opposed to the popcorn that Casey made... yech, popcorn makes my stomach turn at the moment) so why don't they taste good?

I feel like I've been living on a diet of toast (which I have to go to the bread store tomorrow), crackers, ginger ale and water. And yes, I've been taking my vitamins.

I just feel so... crummy. There were a couple of days there that I didn't feel too horrible and I did the most with them, but now I'm back to feeling "Uggggghhhhhh...." I've been sucking it up and going to work/school but yeah... When I come home I just want to nap or vegitate.

I keep wondering if this is normal? Am I sleeping too much? For the first time on Sunday I actually slept in past 9AM. I can't remember the last time I slept past 9AM on a weekend. It's an odd occurance. But I did... On Sunday I slept all the way to a whopping 11AM. And the only reason I got up was because I had to pee incredibly badly (which, I have noticed a ramping up in the need to go to the bathroom).

I still have a nasty cough and I'm surviving on Halls Cough Drops, Robittussin DM and Vicks Vapor Rub for. I find myself wondering if this was all people had in the days before NyQuil/DayQuil and I'm wondering how the hell people survived their daily routines pre-DayQuil. I'm about ready to call Dr. Ghandi for some kind of pregnancy-kosher prescription, though, because I've been using my inhaler on a daily basis. I have been getting winded very easily and my sinus' are still hurting. Better be safe than sorry, right?

So now I find myself trying to make myself stay up long enough to watch Heroes. I really want to watch it but I find myself wanting to drift off to sleep and I don't think I can hold on. I also don't think I should fight sleep. If my body is telling me to sleep, yeah... I think I'll do that.

I'll keep you all posted, though.

Comments

Popular Posts