Ahhhh... Sleep!

Note: The picture is of Lily a couple of days ago. She had managed to kick off all of her covers and was curled up with what she affectionately calls "Casey Bear." You can see the half dozen other animals she keeps on her bed, too. We thought she was being very cute.

Last night I slept! I haven't had good, through the night sleep in about 3 days, so this was big for me. Granted, it was medically induced sleep, but I was to the point where I'd take anything! I have had this horrible cold since Thursday and Friday I started coughing pretty badly. Saturday I suffered through and then Sunday I decided to stay home and try and sleep. I managed a 3 hour nap Sunday afternoon. Nap was good, but interrupted by a certain 7 year old wanting to know if I would call McDonald's and tell them that they forgot to put a toy in her happy meal. Insert me being extremely pissed that the first really good sleep I had was interrupted and ejecting her from the room. I tried to go back to sleep, but couldn't, so I came down and vedged on the couch.





Monday I decided that the coughing was just too annoying and I didn't want a repeat of a cold turning into a bad sinus infection and/or bronchitis, so I called the doctor. I was squeezed in at 9:30 and off I went to have my lungs checked. No infection yet, doctor thought that one of the reasons I was still feeling crappy was the lack of sleep and prescribed me some codeine. I came home, took a nap, picked up Lily, picked up meds, came home, went to work for a couple of hours, came home and went to sleep! Yeah! SLEEP! I can't remember the last time I slept so hard!

And then the alarms started going off at 5:15. Note: I was out of bed before Casey and the alarms weren't mine. Silly boy. I love him but the three alarms and snoozing for an hour and a piece just drive me nuts. It's just one of those things, though...

I like sleep. I want to do that some more.

Comments

Popular Posts