I...HATE...CLOTHES!!!

My pants didn't fit, so I bought a new pair. I'm down to one pair of jeans that is BARELY fitting, so I've got to hit the thrift store sometime this week to remedy the situation, but now I find myself in even more of a bind. Well, not so much of a bind as an extreme annoyance. I have put together a couple of outfits for the 50th anniversary party my mom is throwing my aunt and uncle. None of them fit. So, I am faced with the task of finding a dress to wear.

Not an easy task. I am finding that maternity dresses are either black or completely frou frou with bows and a polka dots or stripes. I have not been able to find anything that appeals to me at all. The black dresses are all so...blah and the frou frou dresses. Yeah, don't get me started there. I am going through an anti-froufy phase at the particular moment and I'd like to keep it that way for a while. Especially with the crap that I'm finding out there.

Why can't I find something sexy and stylish? Why can't they make a maternity dress that looks like it could be worn by a normal person just add a little bit of extra material around the belly. Oh, and make sure it doesn't look like a tent, either. Freakin' monkeys, do people not think that pregnant women go out? Yeah, the alcohol consumption is out of the question, but is it too much to ask for something that looks awesome?

Well, I should mention that I found a really awesome looking dress that I loved at duematernity.com, but sorry... I absolutely REFUSE to pay $80+ for a dress. Unless it's like an uber special occasion where I'm gonna be totally dolled up (hair, nails, etc..). Yeah, ain't gonna happen. No way, no how.

Over all, I have an overwhelming sense of YECH about the whole maternity fashion thing. I'm thankful that someone sent out a memo that baby doll style tops were back in fashion, so maybe I'll look at least a little fashionable, but yeah... I'm not impressed. In fact, I'm downright frustrated with the lack of petite pants, cute tops and most of all dresses. Coupled with the feeling that I look (and am starting to feel) like a cow, complete with breasts that don't seem to want to stop growing (not that I'm really complaining, but they do hurt and haven't stopped hurting for 4 months now) I think I'm having serious self esteem issues at the moment. I think tomorrow I will just hang around the house, watch some movies and attempt to paint my nails. Maybe I'll talk one of my friends into cutting my hair. Hair cuts always make me feel better.

Until then, however, I think I'll just mope.

Comments

Popular Posts