Four Words I NEVER thought I'd say...

Today, I undertook the task of searching for new sandals. I currently have two pairs. A pair of big, clunky black sandals that I absolutely love that are literally falling apart at the seems and a pair of the ugliest, lime green pair of platform flip flops that my mom got me in Mexico at a flea market because she knew I would appreciate the tacky factor of the lime green platformness of them.

Needless to say, I wear the lime green ones when I really don't give a shit. The black ones are my "every day" sandals and I bought them last year for $15 at Meijers (it's like walmart in case you don't have meijers in your neck of the woods). I love my black ones. They're funky, they're cool and I've worn them to death. Seriously, they're falling apart at the seems...and ripping to boot. Unfortunately, that's the problem and due to the fact that they're falling apart, they're really not comfortable anymore. So, trying to come up with things to do with my dad, we headed out and I started my sandal hunt... And I had absolutely no luck what so ever.

In my head, I have an idea of what kind of sandals I'd like. I really want the pair of Nike Deshutz that I had in high school. My mom bought me these sandals at the beginning of sophomore year. They were $60. My cousins had a fit! "Why would you buy her a sixty dollar pair of sandals?!" They asked, shocked. Well, let me tell you, that pair of sandals lasted me until about my 21st birthday and the only reason I had to get rid of them was that one of the straps ripped and my feet outgrew them. I would still be wearing them if I still had them and they still fit. Yeah buddy!

I found a pair of similar in the Sears circular yesterday but unfortunately, my size was sold out when I got to the store. Not only that, but they weren't Nike, they were reebok. So, I'm still searching. I've been to 5 stores and I actually uttered four words that I never thought I'd utter: I hate shoe shopping.

What's wrong with me?! I LOVE shoe shopping! Casey is constantly reminding me that I have way too many pairs of shoes! What on earth is wrong with me?! I'm chalking it up to a pregnancy thing. Jack has been using my bladder as a trampoline and I think that has a lot to do with it. Not only that, but the temperature is near 90 and being pregnant during the summer is absolutely miserable.

So yeah. Anyone know where I can get a comfy pair of stylish sandals? Casey suggested birkenstocks, but I don't know if I want to go to that expense, although I'm sure they'll last forever...

Comments

Popular Posts