Insert appropriate zombie noise here.

Sleeping last night started out perfectly fine.  I went to bed at 11:30.  A little late for me, but with Lily not feeling well, I snuck in a nap with her during the afternoon (under the guise of cuddling) so I wasn't horribly tired yesterday.  

I fell asleep quite easily after reading a couple of chapters of "Life, The Universe and Everything" (by Douglas Adams) and even squeezed in some more cuddle time with Lily as I drifted off to dreamland.   Then, around 1:30AM, I woke up.  Lily was still in bed with me and I heard video game sounds coming from downstairs.  I rolled out of bed (something that is getting increasingly difficult) and headed for the bathroom, ducking my head into the computer room as I went, telling Casey to come to bed that it was 1:30AM.   I went back upstairs and managed to get Lily back to her room and then tried to get myself comfortable once again.  Not an easy task to do. 

I managed to fall asleep again, but only until about 3:30, when I woke up with some major indigestion and a major urge to pee once again (despite peeing at 1:30).  So, downstairs I went, bathroom first and then I grabbed a couple of tums off the counter.   Then, I trudged back upstairs, crawled back into bed and tried to fall back asleep.   Not so easy this time around.  

I tossed and turned and itched and scratched and sighed and felt very near to crying until around 5AM. Not fun at all.  I finally dozed off, waking up when Casey got out of bed but I rolled over and went back to sleep. Ah, sleep good.  And then, I woke up with one of the cats trying to tear apart Lily's tent and this was at 7:47AM.   Up again, not happy, throw stuff at the cat, go downstairs, let dogs out, feed cats, and have breakfast.  Awake, awake, awake.  

So, now I go about my day.  I am waking Lily up in a couple of minutes to have breakfast, do some homework and then off to swimming lessons at 10:30.  I definitely think I'll be taking a nap today.  Or maybe I should just suck up the tired and stay awake so I sleep better tonight.  Hmmmmm.... 

Comments

Popular Posts