Short Update

I'm going to make this one quick because I really want to just vegitate and read the new Harry Potter book.  I'll do a longer update probably monday.  Here's how my weekend went:

1) Friday was the House Elf Clothing Drive.  It was incredible.  We recieved 4 1/2 TRUCKLOADS of clothes and about $400 in cash.  The South Bend Center for the Homeless was really impressed and extremely greatful for all of our hard work.  I'm just amazed at how many people came and participated.  Lots of people were there for the Harry Potter release, but lots of people were also there to help out.  I'm awestruck.  

2) Saturday we went to the Elkhart County Fair. Lots of fun was had and lots of walking was done.  My ankles were swollen and feet were not too happy but I had an absolute blast.   Lily is starting to look at the bigger rides.  She said that the scrambler looked like fun.  She's definitely getting more and more brave.   

3) Today (Sunday) we slept in until noon.  It was much needed by the entire family.  When I got up I read up to Chapter 11 in the new Harry Potter, took a bath and then started rearranging furniture and cleaning.  That whole nesting instinct was rearing it's productive head yet again.  Casey worked on the basement.  Hopefully sometime this week we'll start cleaning out the attic, too.  I also managed to get some grocery shopping done.  We were desperately low on basics and Lily needed stuff to pack in a lunch tomorrow when she starts zoo camp.  So, yeah, it's been a productive if not tiring day. 

I'm ready for sleep...

Comments

Popular Posts