Want. To. Sleep.

Okay, 41 estimated days of pregnancy left until my September 9th due date.  We are now at 34 weeks and while a few days of bouncing off the walls nesting has been great (My wonderful husband has even joined me in the task and cleaned off the porch! I have a porch again! Whoo hoo!), I have not been able to sleep comfortably in several nights.  The lack of sleep is also starting to affect Casey.  

As hubby put it so tactfully (feel free to send him hate mail ;-P ), my girth is starting to get in the way.  When I wake up to pee, he wakes up too.  Half the time, he asks me if I'm okay.  The other half of the time he kind of sighs, fluffs his pillows and readjusts.   I say he should try it with a squirming parasite named Jack living inside of him.   

It makes me wonder, though, if I'm uncomfortable how uncomfortable is Jack?  He gets bigger daily (the last month is an estimated half pound a week?) and while I've put on a bit of weight, I'm still roughly the same size, just stretched to capacity.  I'm complaining about being uncomfortable but he's all twisted with barely any room to move.  What I think is funny is that I have barely any room to move in bed until Casey gets up and goes to work and those couple of hours between when I have to get up and he leaves are the most comfortable hours in bed... Sigh... if only I had those right now.  I woke up with Casey's alarms and I haven't been able to get back to sleep.  I have a severe case of the dropsies, yet I can't quite seem to get to sleep.   Sigh... where's the tylenol PM when ya need it?

So, I'm going to do the only thing I can do right now... be productive. There's laundry to fold and then hopefully, naptime. Yeah.   Oh, and if anyone has any suggestions on how to get comfy, let me know. 

Comments

Popular Posts