First Day of School Update

Lily's first day of second grade went really well.   She actually came home with homework!  It was a simple work sheet about following directions (draw a sun in the sky, blah blah blah), but it was homework nonetheless.  Not only that but it was a half day!  If this is any indication of what the school year will bring then I believe with Jack's impending arrival I will probably have my hands full.  I'm not worried, I have an excellent support system in place.

It's funny, when I was talking to Lily's teacher this morning and then also talking to the school secretary and I told them about impending Jack (less than 20 days!! give or take a couple weeks depending if he wants to cooperate with the due date) they were all like "You're so little!"  I've been thinking that I feel like a whale or cow or some sort of equally large animal.   

Now, I may be like "I want Jack out NOW!" but I tend to exaggerate.  Honestly? Lily was NOT this active.  I think I wouldn't mind being pregnant as much if Jack wasn't so active.  He's just so... wiggly!!  Kicking and punching and I'm thinking he pushes out with all of his limbs just to make me uncomfortable.   I'm excited to meet Jack, but I'm even more excited to get my body back and being able to get some sleep without being uncomfortable even though I know for a while I probably won't get a lot of sleep... that whole newborn thing having to feed Jack every four hours or so. 

Well, I'm off. I'm going to attempt to get some sleep.  I've been trying for a couple of hours but haven't succeeded yet. 

Our baby shower is on Saturday so probably won't post again until then.  We'll see. 

Comments

Popular Posts