Football Season is Here!


Football season is upon us once again and the whole town is gearing up for Notre Dame's season opener.   I think it was Wednesday when the Good Year blimp made it's way into town and I can hear the band practicing during certain times of the day.  

I have to admit that I love the buzz that Charlie Weis has brought back to Fighting Irish Football, even if it does mean traffic picks up and you don't want to leave the house unless absolutely necessary.  Where we live there is absolutely no way to avoid traffic unless we travel through downtown South Bend, then make our way to Mishawaka.  This route takes three times the normal time.  Normally, we just turn onto Angela, which is two blocks away, and in 3 minutes we're driving past Notre Dame (which you DO NOT want to do on a game day) and in 10 minutes we're on Grape Road doing whatever shopping our hearts desire.  I think I'll head to the video store tonight and stock up on weekend entertainment.  The video store is also just past Notre Dame. 

I don't know if I'll be watching the game or not, though.  When we found out I was pregnant,  I predicted I'd give birth the day of the first Notre Dame home game.  I guess only time will tell... While I'm hoping for Jack to make his debut sooner rather than later, I also kinda want to watch the game.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see, huh?

I'll keep you posted.

Comments

Popular Posts