Sunday, August 26, 2007

Phat Loot!

Yesterday was Jack's baby shower.  He got lots of loot. There were bottles, clothes, diaper bags galore, basically lots of really cool stuff that was all necessary.  I had a lot of fun just relaxing and visiting with family and friends. 
This was in stark contrast to my mood this morning when I woke up.  I got up when the phone rang and it ended up being Shay.  I really didn't want to talk to anyone at the time and was yelling "I don't wanna talk to her now! I'll call her later!"    Casey was instantly taking two steps back.  

On top of that, when I got up, the dogs had torn into a bag of trash and it was laying in the nice, clean, newly reorganized laundry room.  Not a happy Jess.  Instantly there is me cursing at the world not liking my life very much.   So, I took a bath.  Bath didn't help but Casey did clean up the mess the dogs made.  

After that bath, I went about prepping to go to the baby shower, dealing with a few last minute details and I wanted to clean up the kitchen as well.   So, I did all that and at 11:30, about half an our before I had to leave, I told Casey to get ready... and that's when I really got pissed.  Casey told me that he wasn't going to go.  Now, for the past several months I was telling Casey that he didn't have to go if he didn't want to, but the whole time he was telling "No, I want to go. Free stuff for Jack! We get to open presents!"  He seemed to be looking forward to it!  And then last minute he's like not going?! WTF?!  I was already irritated, so I told him "Fine Casey, don't go.  I don't want to argue about it."  Casey asked me if I was going to bite his head of later and I sarcastically told him no.  I also told him that he needed to walk away and let me finish cleaning the kitchen in peace.  Shortly after, I headed off to the shower, still in a foul mood. 
I got to the park and vented to Mickie, which made me feel a lot better.  Shay showed up, then the family showed up and I calmed down and relaxed and gave in to the festivities of the day.  

I have to admit that I had a blast seeing everyone and visiting and just hanging out and chatting.  The kids got to play outside in front of Baugo Station and everyone was just in a very relaxed and good mood.  It rocked. 

When I got home, however, I was amazed.  My husband, whom I admit that I was more than a little pissed at (in fact, I wanted to rip him limb from limb when I left the house yesterday), had completely surprised me by finishing cleaning out the attic and washing a good bulk of the stored clothes he found in the attic, put away the bulk of the baby stuff we don't need yet, and put a lot of stuff in the basement that needed to go into the basement.  My husband was way more productive than I thought he would be.  I was so surprised and so thrilled that I actually started tearing up!   Talk about feeling guilty!!   My hubby gets lots and lots of brownie points! 

Today, there's a list of stuff that I'd like to get done but I find myself with a severe case of the dropsies and very much wanting to crash for a couple of hours.  It's your standard lazy Sunday.  I don't see myself accomplishing much today and Casey said that was perfectly okay, so I'm going to actually listen to him... for once.  ;-)

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to change the sheets on the bed and curl up in 'em.  Naptime! Whoo hoo! 

No comments: