Hide & Seek

Let's recap shall we?

It is 12:29 PM on Sunday afternoon and I have just finished making the blog rounds. Here is what I have learned on this beautiful, sunny afternoon:

Carrie: Happy about Oregon Ducks, finalist in a writing contest, not pregnant. 
Me: Still Pregnant.
Matt: Enjoying the fact that his Tivo works, definitely not pregnant.
Me: Still pregnant.
Robin: Having issues with her dumbass brother in law who seems to be oddly obsessed with her, not pregnant. Although, she thinks her dog may be.
Me: Not a dog, but still pregnant.
Ben: Apparently obsessed with As the World Turns and their new storyline, would probably be pregnant if he was a chick on a soap but isn't pregnant IRL. 
Me: Yep, still pregnant.
Rachel:  And I quote "100% NOT pregnant."
Me: Still 100% pregnant.
Keven:  Hasn't blogged in a while, but last blog was making a list of tunes he's been listening to this year.  Could possibly be pregnant.
Me: Definitely pregnant and beginning to think that I will continue to be pregnant for another couple of weeks simply because my husband said "You know, I was two weeks late..."  YOU JINXED ME!!!

Oh, and I think I caught a cold from Lily so I'm not only pregnant but I've got a cold.  I keep having this image of me giving birth and all of the sudden I have to sneeze and Jack is shot out of my body by the force of this tremendous sneeze.  Of course, in this vision, the doctor is also wearing a catchers mitt. 

For those of you who didn't know, today is my due date.  Yeah, I know that due dates are more like "guidelines" (which, try explaining that to an 8 year old who is as impatient as her mother), but still... I'm beginning to think it's like my biological clock is not only completely passive, but going in reverse.  It's like it's saying "Um, yeah, I know you're comfortable in there, but you're kind of supposed to be done and we're gonna kind of need you to go ahead and come on out of there."  Note: my biological clock has the same voice of the boss in the movie "Office Space" and like I said, is a great big ol' passive wussy. 

This is all I have to report for now.  If I go into labor my blog followers won't be the first to know.   But, like I said, we're taking the macbook to the hospital so you'll get some sort of notification.   I think in the meantime, I'm going to go read the paper, play some Viva Pinata and go exchange a bra and search for a 100ft cat cable for Casey. Whoo hoo!

Stay tuned for updates!

Comments

Popular Posts