It's official: We're dull.

I was beginning to think we were dull a couple of weekends ago when Casey and I had a babysitting offer from his parental units and we didn't do anything more than drive aimlessly around (you know, there was a time in our lives when we actually found that entertaining...with current gas prices- not so much) after grabbing a cup of coffee.   This weekend we did absolutely nothing.  We sat at home (after giving the dogs a bath and Casey taking Ronin to the vet) and did absolutely nothing.  
It was fabulous!

I'm still finding it amazing that I'm the mother of two.  Now, whenever we go somewhere, it's the four of us and I refer to Jack and Lily as "the kids."  "I have to get the kids ready to go."  It's still a lot to get used to, but at the same time I'm finding a hard time remembering life before Jackson.  It's hard to believe that he's going to be 2 months old at the end of this
week.   Jack has so many elements of both Casey and myself, I'm constantly amazed.  Take,
 for example, when he smiles.  Jackson not only smiles with his eyes like Casey but then he also does the big, open mouth grin that I do.  His entire face lights up and he smiles so frequently!  He is also starting to "talk."  That's the fun part.  I find it amusing that I can get hours of entertainment from something so tiny that doesn't do much of anything.   Oh well, I love him.
Nothing much else to report.  We're prepping for Thanksgiving.  I can't believe that next thursday is Thanksgiving... where is the time going?  ACK!  I have to start Christmas shopping soon!  

Comments

Popular Posts