Copycat! Saying Adieu to 2007

Snagged these questions from my sis-in-law Carrie's blog... It was basically a "Why the hell not?" kind of thing.

1. What did you do in 2007 that you hadn't done before?
Drive stick shift pregnant. That was definitely interesting. OH, I also had my labor with Jackson induced.

2. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Well, I did. And I also saw quite a few goats give birth, but the goats are necessarily close.

3. Did anyone close to you die?
Casey's mom's uncle Stan died. I didn't really know him but from what I hear he was quite admirable.

4. Did you travel? Where did you go? Best holiday memory?
Travel... not much was done. The furthest we went was to visit my dad in Kentucky. We did that, so yeah. Best holiday memory would have to be Memorial Day Weekend when we visited my dad. It was warm enough that we got to go swimming in the lake (which was a nice 75 degrees).

5. Best thing you bought?
Our new car, a Black Toyota Matrix XRS.

6. Where did most of your money go?
Food, bills and baby stuff.

7. What do you wish you had done more of?
Excersize and I guess help Lily more with her school work.

8. What do you wish you had done less of?
Watch TV. I've become an addict.

9. What kept you sane?
My wonderful hubby. Seriously! I spent a good portion of 2007 pregnant and extremely hormonal. I got really upset because I couldn't find my keys one time and ended up getting Lily to school late. I felt horrible!

10. What drove you mad?
Hormones, hormones and more hormones.

11. What made you celebrate?
The birth of Jackson on September 21.

12. What made you sad?
Hormones, hormones and more hormones.

13. How was your birthday this year?
Well, I was very pregnant and it was pretty low key. I did get Dr. Who Series One, though and that totally rocked all to hell and back.

14. What political issue stirred you the most this year?
Lots of stuff. Mainly Bush being an idiot.

15. Were you in love in 2007?
I was totally in love with Casey (my hubby) as I always am and I was totally in love with Jackson and of course Lily.

16. What would you like to have in 2008 that you didn't have this year?
Doctor Who Series 2 & 3? I don't know. I'm pretty happy.

17. What date from 2007 will be etched in your memory and why?
December 25, 2007. It was the first Christmas my dad and I spent together in 8 years.

18. What song will remind you of 2007?
LOL! Run to the Hills by Iron Maiden (Carrie you can giggle now!)...
Actually, I think the song Stolen Car by Sting. Certain people know why...

19. Compared to this time last year are you happier?
I'd like to think I get happier and happier every year.

20. Biggest achievement this year?
Natural Child Birth.

21. Biggest disappointment this year?
Having to leave school due to a stupid bleach allergy. It's not fun having an asthma attack every time you're around bleach.

22. What is the one thing that would have made you more satisfied?
Finishing school.

23. Best new person you met this year?
Don't know.... How about reconnecting with old friends?

24. A valuable life lesson you learned this year?
When people tell you to get your wisdom teeth pulled at the age of 18 you should do it.

25. How was your health in 2007?
Relatively good with the exception of a major sinus infection and asthma flare up last February (which is how I learned that bleach was not making me a happy Jess).

26. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't really make any new years resolutions. This year, however, I'd like to keep up my weight loss (I'm doing really good with that), eat healthier and take better care of the house (it implodes on a weekly basis... I think daily maintenance is the answer)

27. What countries did you visit?
I only traveled in the US, so yeah... we were dull.

28. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
Money.

29. Did you suffer hardship in 2007?
We were a little strapped for cash, but we worked it out.

30. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My hubby, Casey. He managed to wrangle me in when I was being psychotic pregnant lady and he got me through natural childbirth. I have never felt closer to him and I have never loved him more.

31. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
politicians and a certain friend that absolutely will not listen to good advice and comes up with every excuse in the book to justify herself.

32. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Jackson's birth. .

33. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier
ii. thinner or fatter? thinner
iii. richer or poorer? 'bout the same

34. How will you spend the New Years?
Probably playing rock band or watching movies. Some people might come over.

35. How many one-night stands?
This question totally does not apply to me as I am happily married going on 4 years in February.

36. What was your favorite TV program?
Dr. Who, Gilmore Girls, Heroes, House... I've been watching WAY too much TV.

37. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I really don't like the word hate and I don't like to use it. It is too strong a word for my tastes. I dislike certain actions that people have taken in the name of freedom and democracy but that has been going on for several years.

38. What was the best book you read?
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Fabulous fabulous read.

39. What was your greatest musical (re)discovery?
"Passengers" by U2, Brian Eno and several others. I'd been missing the disc for some time and finally found it again. It is such a good CD!

40. What did you want and get?
A new, more family friendly car.... my Toyota Matrix XRS.

41. What did you want and not get?
A winning lottery ticket?

42. What was your favorite film that you watched this year?
Hmmmm... I don't know...

43. What one experience do you never want to repeat from this year?
Taking cyrtek to induce labor. It did nothing but annoy the crap out of me.

44. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Comfy, loose clothes.

45. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom.

46. Who did you miss?
I miss Matt and Ben. I didn't see them at all this year. Sad Jess.

47. Quote that sums up your year:
When God closes one door, he opens a window... and then you have to squeeze through it all big and pregnant.

48. Was 2007 a good year for you?
Absolutely.

49. Where were you when 2007 began?
Asleep in my bed.

50. Who were you with?
I actually think Lily was with me. Casey was probably playing video games and I was asleep in bed all cuddled up with her.

51. How many concerts did you see in 2007?
Sheesh! I can't remember the last time I went to a concert.

52. Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2007?
Nope, couldn't do to the aforementioned pregnancy.

53. Did you do a lot of drugs in 2007?
Only prescribed drugs like phenegrin, tylenol 3, low dose pitocin (to induce labor)

54. If you could go back in time to any moment of 2007 and change something, what would it be?
Not really.

55. What are you most looking forward to in 2008?
Jack turning into a toddler, my friend Mickie having her second child.

Comments

Popular Posts