First Snow of the Season

It is currently snowing very lightly outside.  This is our official first snow of the season.  We had flurries a few weeks ago, but nothing stuck to the ground.  This is sticking to the ground and it looks like between now and Tuesday we're supposed to get somewhere between one and six inches.  

Personally, I'm hoping for the one inch total, but knowing my luck and knowing the fact that it's going to be all lake effect snow... Yeah, I'm placing my bet on the whole "being dumped on" theory of snowfall.   Mickie gave Jackson a snow suit.  I may go looking for some baby snow boots tomorrow when I take Lily to school and then introduce him to the snow if there's enough of it on the ground.  

We are currently re-editting our second short film.  We weren't happy with the cuts that we had to do for the filmaka competition, so we decided to say screw the competition, recut the footage to where it actually looks good and told a decent story and the wha-la!  Swagger!  Casey is thinking about shooting some more footage and turning it into a 20 minute short rather than the 6 minute short that it currently is, but I'm trying to find out when he's going to have time between work and then also Thanksgiving. 

This year, for Thanksgiving, we have decided to head to Kentucky.   While my dad and stepmom have made several trips up here since Jack's birth, we have yet to head down there.  My step-siblings and nieces and nephews are all very curious about Jackson and Morgan, Luke, Peyton and Paige all want to see Lily again, too.  Lily wants to see them too.  She's especially excited to head down because on Friday, the 28th, we're going to see the Hadi Shrine Circus at Roberts Stadium in Evansville.  This is also exciting for me because going to the Circus the day after Thanksgiving used to be a family tradition for me, my dad and my grandpa.   We did it until I was 9 or so and my parents divorced.   Renewing this tradition, even if it won't be every year, will definitely be fun.  This will also be Jack's first trip to the circus, so I'll be curious about how he react to the clowns and acrobats and animals.  

Speaking of Jackson, he's all over the place these days.  He is constantly following Lily around (he completely adores her!) and they are truly great friends.  She's always trying to teach him new things and he is always trying to copy her.   It's fun to watch.   Jackson has also discovered the art of mimicking every sound possible.  His favorite: when I sound like the count from Sesame Street.  He is constantly running around going "Ah ha ha ha!"  Silly boy that one. 

I haven't updated about Lily in a while.   Lily made honor roll at school!  I'm incredibly proud of her!  She recently had her first run in with a bully, though.  I was incredibly disappointed with this girl because I thought she had been one of Lily's friends.  She had been over several times and then last week we found out that the girl had smacked Lily.   After I found out, I talked to the teacher.  The teacher, who is awesome, said that yes it had happened and the girl had been punished.  I went over to the girls' house over the weekend to speak with the mother and the mother couldn't have been more of a ('scuse my french) bitch.  She had been asleep when I went over there the first time and then I suppose the little girl had warned her that I would be back.  

The girl aggrevated me the most simply because she was saying that she didn't do it, despite Lily telling us and her teacher about it and her teacher actually seeing it happen.  Lily also informed me that the girl had taken some things the last time she had been at our house and I confronted the girl about it and she accused another girl that lived down the block.   I said, fine let's go talk to the other girl and her mother.  The girl instantly changed her story.  I told her, in front of her elder siblings that what she had done not only made her a liar, but now I would think of her as a thief as well.    If her own mother wouldn't let her have it, then I sure as hell did.    

If you don't parent your own kids and if your kids do bad things to my kids, you bet your ass I'm going to discipline your kids.  

In any case, it's over and done and now it's snowing.   The Holiday Season rapidly approaches and now, I'm going to watch Jeff Dunham on the tv and tickle both kids until they can't stand it anymore. 

Comments

Popular Posts