Baby, it's F*&%ing FREEZING outside!

This morning when I logged onto weather.com, I discovered that it is no better than it was yesterday.  It is currently ZERO degrees outside with a windchill that brings the temperature down to a balmy -21 (the balmy part was sarcasm, by the way). 

It's cold and yucky and there's another winter storm on the way on Tuesday.  They just showed a picture of the St. Joe River not to far north from us and it is filled with large chunks of ice and they've closed the bypass because it is "a solid chunk of ice."  There was even a snow plow that flipped over!  A SNOW PLOW!  This is what you call ridiculous.  It's like Mother Nature decided "Well, I've given you a break on the whole winter thing in the past couple of years, so I think I'll make up for it now."  Not fun.  Even my wind chimes have a thick coating of ice on them and are all frozen to the center part that creates the noise when the tubes hit them. 

Today we will stay inside and bake cookies and just try and stay warm.  There are some fun Christmas movies on, so we'll probably watch some tv, too.   I think I'll start re-watching Battlestar Galactica, too, in order to prep myself for the impending season 4.5. (Season 4.0 is on my wishlist at Amazon if anyone is still looking for ideas...)

To everyone else out there: PLEASE STAY WARM TODAY!!

Comments

Popular Posts