Ow-Choo!

This weekend I have been fending off what I can only hope will be a less than horrible cold. It started out on Friday with a tickle in my throat. Saturday I woke up and it felt like my throat was on fire. After several of those tasty halls fruit breezer thingeys (I think that's what they are. They taste like the strawberry creme saver candies that I think hershey's makes.) and gargling way too much salt water (I think I gargled and spit out the Red Sea, seriously.) I finally decided to crack and get some tylenol sore throat.

My throat felt much better... Until I started sneezing. Then, all bets were off. Instead of ah-choo! It was OW-Choo! It's like the sneeze originated in my throat instead of in my chest. And to top it all off, each sneeze made my head spin! I decided to sit on the couch or lay in bed a good portion of the day until my mom called me to come and pick up Lily. We got Lily, we picked up a couple of movies and home we went. Oh, did I mention the fact that it snowed like 3 inches while we were doing this driving?

Sunday I have spent on the couch, with Jackson and Lily entertaining us. Jackson crashed for a nap around 3:00 and I dozed off on the couch a bit between flipping between The Lake House and Tin Man. All in all it's been a pretty uneventful weekend. I can't wait for this sore throat to go completely away. We're also waiting for the pizza we ordered to show up. Pizza on a cold, snowy day is nice. No cooking is nice, too, even though I had planned to make Christmas goodies today. So much for that plan. I would rather do it when I'm in a better mood and feeling better, though.

Hopefully sometime this week we'll put up the Christmas tree and I'll post photos.

Comments

Popular Posts