She stumbles slowly to the computer, wearing the FSM pendant her sister-in-law got her...

Christmas is over. Done. Finito. Adios, bye bye. Tomorrow ends 2008 and frankly, I think I'm soooooo over 2008. It was so 2008 ya know? I'm being silly. I know. Hee hee.

It's been busy 'round here. Well, I say busy, but we've been a bunch of slackers. Casey's back to work as of yesterday, Lily is over at her abuelita's house, Jackson is napping and I've got a load of dishes in the dishwasher and a load of laundry in both the washer and the dryer. Wait, I'm not slacking... Although, I still have yet to discover what that weird smell in my kitchen is. I've looked all over for it and it's just not allowing itself to be found. I think I may boil some cinnamon or something because I can't figure it out! My brain hurts from thinking too much about it.

We are currently hosting Matt and Ben in from Seattle. I am glad my sweet baboo and his sweet baboo are crashing with us. It's nice to see them and it's nice to hang out and play Rock Band with 'em. We got up this morning and played an hour before they had to jump in the shower and head off to meet Matt's family. This leaves me with doing nothing much but cleaning and hanging out with Jack. It has been a relatively quiet day. I'm enjoying it. First one I've had in a while.

Things are about to ramp up with our new production and come next tuesday I will more than likely be named Vice President of MAF, or Mid America Filmmakers. Woot. I'm looking forward to that challenge. I also have Tara Eary, a local filmmaker who's most recent flick got shown at DragonCon (and won a prize, but I don't remember what it was) approaching me to produce her latest endeavor. I haven't told her anything yet especially seeing as how I want an outline of her proposal and everything. At this point, I'm looking at each experience as a learning one and enjoying the fact that I have somewhat of a social life. Social life does Jess good. Makes me wear makeup and care about going out of the house in clothes other than pajamas. Woot for the social life!

Other than that, my IPod is still dead and I have reverted to old technology for my everyday musical needs (the speakers for the surround sound are better than the computer speakers, so I've been burning a lot of discs). I'm hoping Matt and Ben get home soon cuz well, I'm hungry and want to go eat. I may just end up eating more turkey, though... Yep, I'm official done with the turkey. It's just like... yuck now. I'm sure come Christmas next year I'll be all over the turkey again, though. Huzzah turkey!

I hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas! I'll try and post some pics when I actually get around to downloading them off the canon.

Comments

Popular Posts