Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Can I have one weekend where I'm not feeling like poo or busy? Please?

Back to feeling like poo. Well, actually I should say that I'm on my way back from feeling like utter and complete poo. Seriously, stick me in one of those scented poo bags, tie me up and throw me out with yesterdays trash. I am under the firm impression what I have been through since last Wednesday was indeed this H1N1 Swine Flu outbreak they keep talking about on the news. Hey news people! You're a week late and about $20 shy on the NyQuil. Oh, and while you're at it: bring back the original taste of Robitussin! This new crap that you're calling Robitussin DM is down right...fruity! Give me the medicine taste back, please. It was far more paletable and superior to this crap that you're calling medicine.

So yeah, Swine Flu. I think I had it. It's pretty safe to say that I had it. It has been going around Lily's school the past couple of weeks and I finally succumbed to it. I think she may have had a mild version of it a couple of weeks ago and promptly passed it to me. Want a blow by blow account? Well, you're going to get one anyway so you can be on the look out for symptoms and such.

It started last Wednesday (a week ago). I woke up with a severe sore throat and post nasal drip that would probably drown a horse. It was constant drainage. I felt quite nauseuos all day and didn't eat much. That evening I did the whole girls night thing because I was feeling better, taking the Robitussin and everything. I only drank sprite and had some chips, though, not my usual burger fare that I normally get on wednesdays. Came home, went straight to sleep. Slept REALLY hard. It was fabulous. I woke up feeling a little achy, but not bad. I figured I'd take it slow because we were planning a trip to Chicago on Saturday.

Friday I woke up and I felt pretty good. Still had a sore throat, but it was subsiding. I had an annoying cough (which I still have and have started taking measures preventing it from settling in my lungs in that annoying bronchitis kind of way that it does), but it wasn't horrible. I even went so far as to call my cousins and tell them that we would be up the next day. I was REALLY looking forward to seeing my cousins and my aunt and uncle who had flown in from Panama. Unfortunately, Saturday I took a turn for the worse.

I woke up Saturday morning not wanting to move one inch. When I did move that said inch, I was incredibly achy, dizzy, and not to mention there was a lovely fever of 101 that I got to deal with. I decided to take a shower and see if that made me feel better, but it didn't. I ended up puking three times and that was when I decided it was time to call in reinforcements. I called Brooke and said "Help!" She graciously headed over to our house and Lily, luckily, was heading to Chicago with my mom (thankfully, she hasn't dealt with anything this bad), so I didn't have to deal with her. Just Jack. Brooke showed up and not only wrangled Jack but did some dishes and folded laundry. Oh my god, I love Brooke! I totally want to keep her!

Casey came home about an hour after Brooke arrived and they both took turns feeling my forehead while I was completely in and out of it for a good long time. Around 2:30 (I think it was 2:30), I decided to head back upstairs and I slept until about 10PM. I was up long enough to take some more drugs, ask Casey to fix the humidifier up for me and then I was off to dream land again.

Sunday was a bit more coherant, but not much. And then Monday- Casey fell to the bug. We're both starting to pull out of it now, which is definitely a good thing, but let me tell you... That truck that you thought hit you? It was driven by a virus that looked oddly like a swine. Both of us are still incredibly tired and beat. I think if I could get this out of my chest I'd be okay, but until I do I won't be 100%. The last thing I want is a repeat of some winters where I have an annoying cough all winter. Yep, definitely could do without that.

Now, if you'll excuse me it's time for me to take my meds and move my butt for the day. Kids are over and I've got to make sure they eat breakfast.

No comments: