Quiet Christmas

We had a lovely, quiet, very low key Christmas this year. Christmas Eve dinner was canceled because the extended family wasn't feeling well, but we decided to visit anyway. I'm kind of glad that we didn't stay too long with the myriad of coughs and sneezing that was going on. Jackson started with a runny nose yesterday and Casey's not feeling to great. I also think that Lily may have picked up a bug at her other grandma's house. I have been lucky enough to escape what has now been dubbed "the Plague part 2" for now. I'm crossing my fingers that it stays that way.

Sometime this week my dad is coming up to haul some crap out of the 24th street house. Today he was going to visit his old friend of his that he's known since they were knee high and in britches and then I think he's planning on coming up tomorrow. Sometime this week I'd like very much to get Casey out of the house to watch Avatar. I don't really see it in the cards unless my mom can watch the kids, but I'd like to try. Maybe on New Years day? Hmmmm....

Not much else is going on. It was a very quiet week and I see this week being exactly the same. Quietest holiday I've ever spent, that's for sure. With all the snow on the ground, I find myself yearning for those vacations to Panama my mom and I used to take. Someday we'll get back there... ;-) Looks like it's going to be somewhere in the 90s there today. Winter, I'm definitely tired of you already... All this snow just makes me want to curl up into a ball and not move. Luckily, I have plenty of reading material.

Merry belated Christmas, everyone! And an early Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular Posts