Whaddaya mean it's supposed to snow like 2 inches every single day this week?

I ventured forth today. I didn't really want to, but the dog needed food that was not the cat and the husband (despite the fact that he's supposed to quit tomorrow) desperately wanted a pack of smokes. I say desperately because he actually agreed to do the dirty work of clearing the 5-6 inches of snow off my car, defrosting and scraping the ice off the windshield of the car and starting the car so it would be all warm and toasty when I finally got out of my pajamas and into my Emus and jeans (and the other three layers that were on as well).

So, off to the store I went. The main roads weren't horrible but they weren't good either. There is a definite coating of slush on the street that leads me to the closest Walmart but I am happy to report that I didn't slide until I got to the parking lot and that was only because I had to break hard because a stupid idiot in a Ford SUV (Bronco?) decided to cut rather rapidly through the parking lot and came close to fishtailing into my newly repaired car. Insert me laying on the horn here and shouting massive amounts of cuss words at the rolled up windows. I'm hoping I at least looked rather impressively pissed off. I was wearing Casey's mad bomber hat, after all. That's always an intimidating hat. Haha!

Tomorrow Lily goes back to school and Casey goes back to work. This means Jack and I will be on our own for the first time in a couple of weeks. I must call Mariah and find out if I have to pick the kids up tomorrow from school or if we go back to our Monday through Thursday she brings Lily home and then I pick the kids up on Friday. I'm hoping that's the case and I only have to take the kids to school because that means I get to come home and Jack and I get to have a tickle fight on the bed and then have a lovely nap until about noon. Sorry, honey, nothing's going to get done around the house tomorrow. Look at it this way: At least I'm being honest?

I lie. I will get something done tomorrow. My husband is in desperate need of clean socks, so at least a load of whites will get done. Haha.

They are predicting snow every day for the next 5 days. I'm not happy about this. I know that this is what winter is supposed to be like up here, but honestly? I think I prefer cold to snow. Snow is just annoying and slows everything down. At least with cold you can be like "Run run run! It's cold! Let's go!" Get your stuff done and then come back inside and hibernate. Snow requires shoveling and getting it in your boots and thus changing of the socks and possibly pants depending on how high your boots are and well yeah... I have decided that I'm not a snow person. Snow used to be this wonderfully magic thing that meant I got to go out and play and maybe, if I was lucky enough, miss school. But now it is just this total annoyance. Ah, to have the wonderment of a child. Jackson looked at my car before Casey cleaned it off and proclaimed it to be a snowman. It was hella cute.

I will now proceed to go make manwich for dinner and bug my husband for more TV time (he's playing XBox).

Comments

Popular Posts