BRRRRRR!!!!

I woke up yesterday to -1 windchill and snow falling. I am still in the "snow is pretty!" phase of winter, so I didn't mind it so much. It's the -1 windchill that I just don't like. This morning was a repeat of yesterday, except it's not quite as cold.

I discovered the worst part of country driving in the winter: drifts. I am a very cautious driver when it comes to snow, driving what Casey calls less than Grandma speeds. It took me 20 minutes to get from our house for the main highway that I take to pick up Lily from school. Luckily, I gave myself an hour to get to her school because I didn't know how long it would take me. Once I got on the main roads, though, I made it to her school in 15 minutes and I had 20 minutes to kill before I had to pick her up. I ended up hanging out in the parking lot, reading.

The biggest news that we have is that last Thursday we had our ultrasound. Turns out our hunch was correct! We are indeed expecting a little girl! Megan Gray Stone will be joining us around abouts April 25th. Casey has been joking that he isn't going to get "fixed" after Megan is born so that way he can at least attempt to balance the scales in the house so we have an equal amount of testosterone to estrogen. I had to laugh at that one. I think I'm going to have to ambush him. Haha!

That's about all I've got to report. I'm going to curl up with the boy for a while. Then, potato soup today!

Comments

Popular Posts