Return of the Prodigal Daughter

I honestly don't remember the last time I posted on here. For a while I had another blog, chronicling some rather interesting happenings where I worked. Seriously funny shit. In one case there was some seriously funny shit about some seriously funny shit. Literally. I mean, it's not every day that you hear a kid, screaming in spanish, about NOT wanting to go into a public restroom on the ground floor of your office building because of the bathroom hate crime that was committed. And before you ask: Yes. I went into said bathroom because when you gotta go, you gotta go. MAJOR bathroom hate crimes occurred and I have my suspicions on who caused it. In any case, too many things have happened and I think it's best to just start with current events. I am currently sitting in the living room with Megan (aka Kreechy), watching Mickie Mouse Clubhouse and typing this blog. It has been a computer heavy morning but not for the normal, procrastinating reasons. In fact, despite the heavy computer usage, I've actually been kinda "super wife" this morning. Not only have the carpets been cleaned (vacuumed, carpet cleaner, vacuumed again) but I've already done 2 loads of laundry (including folded!), picked up everything, done one load of dishes completely (loaded dishwasher, washed, unloaded and put away) and I've got another one in there right now. I'll be mopping when Jack gets home from preschool. The most important thing that I did today, though, was completely selfish. Today I started a college level English Composition class. I had been kicking around the idea of taking online classes for a while, but I didn't know if it would be a good fit for me. SO, enter my distracting obsession with Teen Mom. Whilst watching Teen Mom late one evening I see this commercial for some test online college thing. So, I do some research, find out it's legit, and I call the number. I get more information, talk to hubby about it and here I am... Starting an english comp. class. I finished my first two lectures this morning and I'll be working on the reading this afternoon when Megan goes down for her nap. I have to admit the whole thing makes me a bit nervous. It's been 15 years since I've been in a college classroom. I did the whole beauty thing but lets face it- that isn't necessarily academia. Not that people in beauty school don't study hard. In fact, you WANT someone who actually studied hard cutting your hair. Mixing color isn't just open tube and squirt into bowl then add developer kind of thing. There is definitely more to it then that. But writing an academic paper? I find myself... nervous? No, not nervous. I'm excited but at the same time I think this whole process is very daunting. And it's hilarious because both of my parents are incredibly excited. It's like the prodigal daughter returns or something. Looking at my transcripts I had to ask myself why the heck I left college in the first place. My grades weren't horrible. In fact, the lowest grade I received was a C and that was only because I decided to skip the final. If I had actually gone to the final you can imagine that my grade would have been higher. (It better be if it only went down to a C!!) This certainly isn't the "easy" route, as I'm guessing it would have been much easier to do the whole school thing without three kids and other familial obligations. BUT I'm determined to pass this class and make a serious go at it. We'll see how it goes. And who knows... this could lead to some rather interesting new things for our family. I'll keep you updated if I have the time!

Comments

Popular Posts