How stupid can you get?

I feel like an absolute moron. I can't remember doing anything like this in a very long time and I certainly can't ever remember being injured to this extent since I burned my arm about a year ago.

Yesterday, I slipped and fell. Looking back at it, I realize that it was one of those comical, feet over your head kind of slips that you see in cartoons or some kind of slap-stick bit in a movie, the kind that maybe stuns the actor/cartoon for a couple of seconds, but they shake it off and resume doing whatever it was prior to the bit. In real life, however, it didn't quite work that way. I was at school, I slipped, smacked my head on the floor (all while knocking the wind out of me and somehow managing to wrech my back to the point where I found it difficult to walk) and hurt my back. Apparently, the sound of my head whacking the floor was rather sickening and got me sent to medpoint to make sure I wasn't concussed.

By the way, no concussion. I was told to take it easy for a couple of days and to not lift anything over 5 pounds for a week. There goes that 10 pound bag of flour I wanted to buy. Darn it. (Note: that was sarcasm.)

After my trip to medpoint, I was promptly sent home with the whole "you get better" speech.

My back ached and is quite swollen from whatever it is I managed to do to it and my head... well, that doesn't hurt so much this morning, but yesterday... I can't remember ever experiencing that kind of pain. Tihs morning I find myself very stiff, and Casey said that I was still quite swollen and ordered me to stay off my feet except to maybe stretch a bit. I don't think I'll argue with him on that one.

I'm hoping I'm feeling okay by this weekend because we've got the whole anniversery thing going on. I'm sure I will be. No, I WILL BE. I am bound and determined.

Yeah, I'm going to go lay on the floor for a while now.

Comments

Popular Posts