A little smile.



Last night Casey and I got a nice surprise. Encore Love was showing "Before Sunrise" at 9:00, so naturally we decided to watch it. The last time we saw this particular movie was several years ago and it was just as fabulous last night as it was the first time I saw it with Casey all those years ago.

For those of you who have never seen "Before Sunrise" it is a movie that takes place in Vienna. Ethan Hawk meets Julie Delpy on a train. He is going to Vienna to leave Europe and she is on her way back to Paris. They begin talking and what ensues is two people talking and falling in love.

I was actually a little worried when I turned it on, thinking that me growing up quite a bit since the last time I saw this movie would have turned me into a cynical bitch that couldn't identify with the romance of the picture. I was happy to learn that I am still the hopeful romantic, still identifying with Julie Delpy's character, Celine, and still hoping that Jesse (Ethan Hawk's character) would just live for the moment. Even though I have also seen "Before Sunset", the equally wonderful sequel, I still found myself hoping these two characters met at the train station. I was still the optomist. I won't tell you what happens, by the way. You really should go rent both movies.

Watching the movie, though, sparked an intensely long conversation between me and Casey. If there is one thing that Casey and I have always done it is talk. We talk about everything from the mundane to spiritual beliefs to politics to anything that suits our mood. Last night we started talking during the movie. We talked about how we could each identify with certain aspects of the characters, how we used to walk around town aimlessly at night and how our lives have changed since we last saw the movie and talked of the possibilities of the future. We talked and talked and talked. We talked until about 1AM.

To this day, I am still amazed at the fact that we have yet to run out of stuff to say to each other. Yes, there are times when we can just sit quietly and be with each other, but the conversations are still amazing and fun. Last night really made me want to wander around aimlessly, though, and eventually end up in a coffee house where the conversation would continue until the place closed (we did that several times in the past).

But for now, it's back to the real world. I have to leave for school in about two minutes. It's going to be a good day, full of warm fuzzy thoughts. I love my husband.

Comments

Amicacarmilla said…
This is a fantastic love declaration!

X

Popular Posts