Anniversary Conversation between a husband and wife.

Jess is sitting on the couch in her jammies.  Occasionally she reaches up and attempts to equalize the pressure in her ears, but it doesn't work.  Casey walks in, not at all googlie eyed and says "I love you, wife!" 

Jess says "What?"

"I love you!"

"What?"  

"I LOVE YOU!!"  

"Thanks, I'm hungry!"

And this is how we spent our anniversary. My ears plugged up beyond belief, pretty achy throughout the day (all though now my appetite is returning, so I'm definitely hungry) and well... I expected something grander for our fifth anniversary. Hmmmm... Maybe next weekend when we're fully recovered, we can celebrate properly.  Otherwise, it was just another day spent under just another comforter, with just another tissue.  

I will now continue with my day... Maybe watch some more Battlestar Galactica and go to bed early. Yeah, that sounds like fun. 

Comments

Popular Posts