Sometimes I wonder...

...Why do I even bother with this thing? When I was younger I would write and write and write. I would write in a journal (I have half a dozen of them that are still readable and every so often I will go back and read them just to laugh at my younger self.), I would write horrible self-inserted fan fic (before it was cool!!), I would write stupid little newsletters. Wouldn't care what it was, I'd just do it. Now, I find it ever increasingly hard to write without a purpose. Take right now for example. I'm having a hard time putting into words anything. I want to blame it that right now most of my writing serves a purpose. I've written paper upon paper the past few months. I'm currently in my 3rd semester of school and well, writing is almost a daily thing. Sometimes, I wish there were a test that I could take to bypass it, but yeah... there's not. And then I look at my life. My kids are crazy amusing. My family is ridiculously entertaining. Not a day goes by that something funny doesn't happen. And yet, I don't blog about it. Maybe I'm blogged out? I don't know. Maybe I should just try harder.

Comments

Popular Posts