Holding Hands in the Car

I don't remember too much about that night.  I don't know if it was hot, or if it was slightly chilly.  I don't remember what was on the radio.  I do remember you were driving your sisters' car (the Geo Storm).  I remember that the sun was setting.  I remember holding your hand on the gear shift.  I remember looking at you and smiling.  I remember the feeling that I had - it felt like everything was perfect.  Everything seemed calm and happy and perfect.

I have known and loved Casey for more than half my life.  My friends tell me that we're often attached at the hip.  That makes me smile - even when they say it in a slightly "you shouldn't be like that" way.  Why shouldn't I be attached at the hip to the man that I love?  Why shouldn't I enjoy spending time with the man I love. Sure, sometimes it makes things hard to get done, but I really don't care.  I love my life with him. 

Casey just turned 40 and I'm staring down the barrel of it.  For the past few years we are concentrating on experiences.  We are concentrating on making memories.  We are concentrating on having as many adventures as we can.  I love my husband even more today than I did yesterday.  And that's pretty damn awesome.

Comments

Popular Posts