SNOW DAY!!!

Today, when I woke up, I started my normal daily routine. Get up, take bath, get dressed, check weather, fix Lily lunch, blah blah blah. Since we've been getting obscene amounts of lake effect snow, I've been checking in hopes of a snow day. Well, when I woke up I was like "Crap, it's gonna be cloudy but not bad enough to close school." Did the whole morning routine and then I looked outside...
This is what I saw.

Okay, so it wasn't quite this. It was about like this, though. This was taken 2 hours after I had gotten up. Within an hour of me getting up and out of bed and ready to go, there was about an inch and a half of lake effect snow already on the ground (and covering my car which had been for the most part clean since the snow stopped before I got home yesterday). Schools started canceling left and right. Lily's school was one of the last... I did a happy dance. And then I realized that on this auspicious occasion of the very first snow day my child was to experience ever (and probably one of the few that ever happens seeing as how they NEVER cancel school in South Bend), I had to wake her up to see the wonderful stuff that was now falling at an insane amount outside.

Casey also had the day off due to his leg, but we had to wander out to the doctor's office. Let me tell you, I am glad we have a 4 wheel drive vehicle, but at the same time when it's so bad that even your 4 wheel drive is slipping occasionally... Yeah, no one should be out in that muck. I later found out that my school was open this morning, but closed 4 1/2 hours early and there were no evening classes. I'm crossing my fingers that we have another snow day tomorrow, but it doesn't look like that will happen. A girl can dream, though, right?

UPDATE: It is almost 10:30 PM and it started snowing around 7:30 PM. According to the Fox 28 weather guy, the airport (which is less than 5 miles from our home) has recieved 4 inches since 6 PM. That's an inch an hour folks. On top of that, we've got a lake effect snow warning that is in effect until 1AM, so I just wonder what the rest of the evening holds. I looked outside a few minutes ago and it was still snowing rather heavily. I can see to the end of the street and that's about it. I was going to say it's fuzzy after that, but I think a better description would be that it's fluffy. Haha. I know I was missing winter, but this is getting a little ridiculous.

Comments

Popular Posts