Frosty!

This morning when I woke up at 5:15am, I expected to see a bit more snow than I did. The accumulation was about the same as last night, but the temperature had definitely dropped far below what it was yesterday. I was hoping that winter would do what summer did and quietly sneak up on us, give us a couple of brutally cold days and then be done with it. Unfortunately, I have this sinking feeling that it's going to be the opposite. Winter didn't come in quietly, it came in and smacked us in the face with a windchill of -10.

I find myself suddenly VERY glad that I bought new fleece lined gloves last week along with one of those mad bomber style hats. I also wonder if Casey will be working today. He normally doesn't work outside when the windchill is this bad. Unless he has indoor work, I hope he stays home.

Did I mention it's freakin' cold outside?

This morning I have to go to court for "Immediate possession" of the S. 24th street house. And then, depending on whether or not I want to freeze my ass off, I have to run over to the S. 24th street house and take some pictures of the mess that the people left there. Casey was over there yesterday and he said that it wasn't very clean at all. I'm really not looking forward to going over there at all, but it must be done. I have to be prepped for the next court date in which I get to go say "Give me money!" Likeliness that I'll get any money out of these people is slim to none, but yeah... We'll see.

For now I'm off. I must find clothes for today, take a shower and get dressed. Then, must get the kidlets up and ready to go. Fun fun fun! How I loathe going out in the cold. I really need to move to Texas or some place equally toasty.

Comments

Popular Posts