I am a dumbass.


In the past couple of days I managed to lose an entire week and today, I managed to gain it back albeit in an incredibly stupid manner. The past week I've been running around with the idea in my head that by next ob/gyn appointment is Monday. Monday! Can't forget! Appointment on Monday! Then, I looked at the calendar, yes I LOOKED AT THE CALENDAR and I noticed "OH, Lily has a half day the same day as my OB appointment."
So, today I'm running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. Get up, get Lily dressed, let my dad know what's going on, remind myself that I have an OB appointment and that Lily has a half day, have Casey remind me of the same thing (I've been VERY scatterbrained lately.). Take Lily to school, get some breakfast with dad, take a bath, go to OB appointment.
I get in the office, sign in, and the receptionist lady gives me a rather confused look. The questions start just as I sit down. "Who are you here to see? What's your birth date?" Two minutes later, I realize that my appointment is not today, Monday May 7th. My appointment is Monday, May 14th. I can see my carefully planned day unraveling like one of those big cable sweaters in a cartoon.
So, does that mean Lily doesn't have a half day? Yep. She has a full day of school and I sent her off with talk of a half day, going to the zoo and absolutely no lunch. I called the school just to double check and my hunch was right. The half day is next week. I made her a lunch and I'm going to run it over there momentarily. Thankfully, we don't live too far from the school. I think after I drop the lunch off I will come home and take a nap and try and start the day over and then I'll go meet my dad for lunch.
I feel like my day is completely off and I really must try and get it back on track. Ugh.

Comments

Popular Posts