Yep, I'm a geek...


Okay, while I have no problem admitting the fact that I am a geek, I do have a problem admitting the following. I like David Tennant as the 10th Doctor. Yes, okay, I watch Dr. Who! AND I LOVE IT!!! I am hopelessly addicted to it.


This isn't actually the first doctor I've seen. I watched the previous incarnations of the Doctor on our local PBS station back in high school. I found it amusing even though the cheese factor was incredibly high. It disappeared from the airwaves here, returning in a short two hour movie on Fox (which was utterly forgettable), disappeared again and then, a little over a year ago, Sci-Fi Channel (oh how I love the sci fi channel) brought it back with Christopher Eccleston playing The Doctor.


While I had enjoyed Dr. Who before, I was never really hooked. Now, I was hooked. I was looking up stuff on the internet, learning about the previous doctors, searching for Daleks (which if anyone is interested, there is a remote control one at Amazon.co.uk, just do a search for radio control dalek). I enjoyed an entire season of Christopher Eccleston and then I heard rumblings that the Doctor would regenerate yet again. And who was to play the 10th regeneration? David Tennant. WHO THE FUCK IS DAVID TENNANT?! I searched and found out that it was the horrible "Barty Crouch Jr." from the last installation of the Harry Potter movies. Eww! Eww! EWWW! I juts pictured him with slick back hair, sticking his tongue out in a very reptilian manner. Yech! No! I will not like this doctor! Tennant bad Doctor! Not only that, but he was much to young!


And then I watched "The Christmas Invasion" (the very first full episode with Mr. Tennant). Okay, this guy is interesting. Hmmmm... Then, I watched more and more and more... AW CRAP! I LIKE HIM! It was more than just a like, by the way. I absolutely fell in love with the Doctor all over again. He was witty, vivacious, unpredictable and absolutely fun to watch. And the chemistry between him and Rose! Absolutely brilliant!


Ah, but now the BBC has pissed me off yet again. Rose Tyler, the Doctor's lovely andfun assistant (played by Billie Piper), is no longer on the show. In the season finale... well, I won't tell you what happens, but I'll tell ya this much. She doesn't die. I will also tell you that I cried like a baby. Pathetic, the amount of tissues I went through.


So yes, David Tennant, I love you. You're on my list.


Now, someone go buy me a remote control Dalek. Or a poster of Mr. Tennant in Who-garb would do just find. Or, Carrie since you're headed off across the pond, maybe you could sneak him back in your luggage?? ;-)

Comments

Carrie Lofty said…
Tennant did all of the vocal parts of Henry VI that I listened to on those Shakespeare audio tapes. So I'd know his voice anywhere after four friggin' plays!!

Popular Posts