Attack of the Jack-o-saurus Rex!

Much like my sister-in-law, the Stone Family is holed up inside today. It is too freakin' cold! Our ambient temp is hovering around 2 degrees with a windchill of -23. Yeah, not fun. So inside we stay! I think I'll turn today into a field day. I'm feeling somewhat productive, so I might as well egg my family on, too.

Casey already has one project, though. Yesterday we had to replace the faucet in our tub. Let's put it this way... I could pee faster and with more volume when I was pregnant than what was coming out of the faucet the past couple of days. It turns out the thing was just old and dead so away we went to the land of the home despot where we purchased a new faucet and... wait for it... A SHOWER!!! Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I may very well have a working shower in the next couple of days!

Now, our tub is one of those old antique claw foot tubs. It didn't have a shower at all, let alone a shower curtain. So, the thing we bought yesterday (for all of $70, thank you very much!), comes with this spiffy ring that you hang from the ceiling that holds the shower curtain AND the shower head! Included is the pipe that goes to the shower head and now we'll have a spiffy shower! Whoo hoo! The thought of possibly having a shower sometime this week... Oh, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

The only thing left for me to do now is to convince Casey that a dishwasher will serve this family better than a camcorder. Personally, I would much rather have a device that does my dishes than a camcorder. Most women, who are the ones who do the dishes in the house, would agree with me on that one.

Jackson and his two tiny teeth has decided that he is a dinosaur. At least, I think he's pretending to be a dinosaur. He does a really funny and really loud growl/roar combination that just sends us into giggles. Lily started calling him Jackosaurus Rex because of it and then she and him will get into growl/roar-ing contests which just makes me kinda shake my head, grin, and eventually reach for my ipod. It's quite funny. His teeth are coming in quite nicely and whatever he can get his hands on goes straigh in the mouth and is gnawed upon. I really need to tape him doing his dinosaur noise, though, cuz it's awesome. I figure in about a week when those teeth are all the way out, he may be a baby dino to be contended with. Whoo hoo!

Well, my cinnamon rolls are done so off I go to have some and shiver whilst looking outside. Then, I think I may watch John Travolta in drag. Yep, I'm bored.

Comments

Popular Posts