Thursday Ickiness

This has been a completely yucky day.  Not only has it been really gloomy outside, but Lily still isn't feelin good.  In fact, she has been feeling downright nasty and her fever returned after having a relatively fever free morning. 
I had to go out and get groceries, so during her fever free hour and a half, I packed up both kids and off to Meijers we went.  Not ten minutes after being in the store Lily began telling me that she wasn't feeling good.   Thinking it was just her way of trying to con me into getting her some more sprite (which I was gonna do anyway), I told her that she needed to be patient, that we'd be very quick and then we'd go home.  Lily sucked it up until we got the baby food aisle and then things went south rather quickly. 
"Mommy, I really don't feel good."  She said.  I knew she wasn't kidding either because her eyes were starting to feel with tears.  She then told me that she felt like she had to throw up and then proceeded to throw up right there next to the enfamil.  We high-tailed it to the bathroom, with a nice lady that worked at meijers calling for back up on the baby aisle.  She was completely understanding and watched our cart (which was loaded with groceries) while we ran for the bathroom. 
We stayed in the bathroom for about half an hour.  While it was the best we could do with a bad situation, the Meijers bathroom floor isn't the best place for cuddling.  Lily finally decided she didn't have to throw up any more and we went back, retrieved our cart, grabbed two loaves of bread and went to the check out lanes.  Just as the lady was beginning to scan our groceries Lily annouced that she had to go to the bathroom again.  Since the bathroom was right there, I let her make a run for it herself and I saw her putting her hand over her mouth as she ran.  She stayed in the bathroom for about 20 minutes and then she came out and we finally got to come home.  She took a bath, put on pajamas and we cuddled on the couch for a couple of hours. 
I wish my family would feel better.  And I'm also hoping that I don't get sick.  That's the last thing that I need right now.  I have a lot to do and I have to prep for Casey's birthday, too. Wee fun yeah. 

Comments

Popular Posts