"In the pipe - 5 x 5."



I am sore. I am ridiculously sore. I knew I was out of shape, but I didn't realize that I was THIS out of shape. So, here I am 33 years old and finally getting off my ever-expanding ass and starting new.

I am starting the Strong Lifts 5 x 5 program with my husband Casey. I'm going to chronicle our workouts and thoughts here. So, before I go any further, I'm going to do something that I really DON'T want to do. I'm going to tell you how much I weigh. Yeah. Not looking forward to that, but shame is a very powerful weapon in my arsenal and well, yeah... I'm thinking me posting what I weigh and everything will give me some sort of accountability.

Current weight: 175lbs.
Height: 5' 1.5"

Casey and I took pictures of ourselves last night, but I'm not quite ready to post that. I'm incredibly embarrased of what my body has become. Casey keeps reminding me that I had a baby 5 months ago and that I've been pretty much exhausted since Megan was born but still. It's nice that we're working out together. I actually had a lot of fun and he's great at encouraging me.

Monday's workout:

Squats- evil evil evil!! We started with the 45lb weight bar. I had a lot of trouble with these. I kept feeling like my legs were locking up as I went down. There were times when I couldn't go down all the way. I did, after a lot of struggling, manage to do my 5 reps of 5 though. Yeah me! We will not be adding any weight the next workout because I had so much trouble with them.

Bench Press- I actually enjoyed these and did them rather easily. I think this is because I'm constantly picking up Megan or Jack. We will be upping the weight to 50lbs on Friday (you rotate days).

Barbell Rows- We started these at 65lbs but I could not pick it up. This was a VERY hard excersize for me. We took off the weight and I managed to do these with some struggling at the 45lbs. I plan to increase the weights to 50lbs on Friday.

After the workout my entire body felt like jello. Especially my legs. My legs still feel like jello when I walk up and down the stairs. I am actually looking forward to doing more tomorrow, though. This workout definitely works your entire body and that's a really good thing for me.

I'll keep you updated on how we progress!

Comments

Popular Posts