Stong Lifts Day 2

Yesterday was the second workout. I am happy to report that I am no where near as sore as I was two days ago. One of the things you have to remember about the Strong Lifts program is to do your work outs every other day and to make sure you REST in between your workouts. One thing I would recommend from the first workout to the next is to stretch! I did some lunges today and some squats without the bar and I definitely think it helped with the pain in my thighs.

So, yesterday's record:

Squats at 45lbs. Found them to be really difficult due to the pain in my legs, but powered through them. I didn't get as low as I should have, but at least I was trying and that's the most important thing to me.

Overhead lifts at 45lbs. You start at your chest and raise the bar over your head. I did three reps a 5 times each and then one rep of 4. I was okay the first rep, the second rep it got harder and the third I had to stop midway for a second and then I finished with some difficulty. The fourth rep was extremely difficult. On the fourth lift out of the five I made it half way up and I had to have Casey spot me the rest of the way up. He grabbed the bar from me at the top because my arms felt like they were going to buckle.

Deadlifts. 1 rep of 5 starting at 95lbs. And I thought squats were evil! HAHAHAHAHA! That's funny. At first I didn't think I would be able to do it. But I actually managed to do it. I will increase the weights by 5lbs the next time around. Casey did order some fractional weights for me, though, so we may only increase by 2.5 lbs. We'll see.

I feel really really good today. I feel full of energy and I'm really enjoying working out with Casey. Today is another rest day and then we go at it again on Friday. We may push back until Saturday because I have a networking function to attend on Friday evening. So, we'll just have to wait and see. One other thing I've noticed is that I've been a lot more hungry the past couple of days, too. I think that is my body burning fat and such. Huzzah metabolism! For lunch today I devoured a steak. Protein is apparently my friend.

And stuff. I'll keep everyone posted on my progress!

Comments

Popular Posts