Saturday 10/15 and Monday 10/17 Stronglifts Progress

Hello all! Had a busy couple of days (dentist, kids, etc.) so I didn't get a chance to blog about my stronglifts progress. Here's what I've been up to:

We actually lifted on Saturday as opposed to Friday due to a networking event I attended. (Networking is a must in the independent film field.) Here's my progress:

Saturday: We started off with squats. Squats are a part of every work out. Since they are so hard for me we kept it at only the 45 pound bar. I completed the 5 sets of 5 (5 x 5). I bench pressed 50lbs at 5x5. It definitely was harder this time around, but I managed to do it without too much trouble. I'm really enjoying increasing my weight on that one. Barbell rows were 50lbs 5x5.

Monday I increased my squats to 47.5lbs (thanks to some fractional plates from ironwoody.com) and succeeded at 5x5. We will be upping the squats to 50lbs the next working (which should be today). Overhead press I completed the 45lbs 5x5 so we will be upping that to 47 1/2 pounds at the next workout. I am still having some trouble with that one on the last set of 5 but I can definitely see progress being made. Finally dead lift I did at 97.5lbs. On Friday we will be upping it up to 100 lbs!!

I have to admit that I feel a bit intimidated by deadlifting 100 pounds but am excited at the same time. It's nice to see progress in an upward fashion. I can't wait until I start seeing noticeable results in my body. I am looking forward to bikini season next year!! Huzzah!

Squats are still the bane of my existence but I'm starting to be able to squat lower and my legs don't hurt like they used to. I think I really need to push myself there and am going to try and go lower. Casey offered to stick a bucket under my butt so I know I've gone far enough once my butt hits the bucket. I told him that was liable to make me want to just sit down. We laughed.

The biggest thing, though, is that we're having so much fun! I can't wait to work out and on the days that we don't, I'm actually a little disappointed.

I have also noticed that I've been eating a lot more than I normally do. I have been trying to stick with salads and fruits instead of junk food and I've been doing a good job of it. I will admit though, that I loves me some tortillas with salsa. I suppose there are worse things that I could eat, though. At least I'm not tackling a bag of oreos or anything like that.

Next update soon!

Comments

Popular Posts